Saturday, February 13, 2010

#67 - Date Night #1

Friday, February 12th

It was a cold and snowy night.....

Seriously. I'm not kidding. The temperature was in the teens and it was actually snowing. Real snow. Not the pansy stuff that usually passes as "snow" in this area. The weather channel was predicting 3" by the end of the night. (And in case I need to point out, that's NOT a lot, no matter what other people say.) So what did we do? Instead of staying in and avoiding the idiots on the road, Brandon decided that he wanted to take me out. Yay! My mission - come up with a list of 5 potential restaurants for him to choose from before he got out of the shower. So I racked my brain while I touched up my makeup and chose a pretty sweater.

We ended up at one of our favorite restaurants, where I ordered the exact.same.thing I always get, and it was fabulous. Yum! And with our usual date-night rules (no discussing bad things) conversation flowed smoothly and we had a light-hearted evening. The drive home was safe, there was good music via his iPod, and we enjoyed watching a movie in our PJs before heading off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment