Saturday, February 6, 2010

#40 - part 1 - Hanging out with my Mother-in-Law

Instead of putting off completing part 1 of goal #40 until the last minute, I jumped right in and made plans with Robin. Hooray for me. And not only did I make plans, but the weather and everything else cooperated so I could actually follow through with said plans. I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

So this morning, I woke up and got ready - I even actually did my hair - and headed out to Charlotte to go shopping at South Park Mall with my MIL. We had a great time, found some awesome sales, and picked up some cute clothes. Mom was very generous and bought me two really cute summer shirts :) We even stopped in to Victoria's Secret..... and it wasn't nearly as weird as I would've thought, checking out lingerie with my husband's mother.

We shopped until I thought I was going to drop, picked up some lunch at the food court, and shopped some more. All in all it was a fantastic day. I had a really great time and I'm feeling quite good that I've decided to put more effort into our relationship. It's easy to get along with people when you try! And as far as mother-in-laws go, I am quite lucky. Everyone's heard the horror stories about evil mother-in-laws and how horrible they can make your life, so I'm happy to report that I don't have any terrible tales of Mother-in-Law drama to report on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment